Salary: Circa £45,000
Tonic are currently searching for an Executive Head Chef for a global events catering business, working predominantly at their production kitchen in Cross Gates, Leeds. This is an opportunity well suited to candidates with experience managing large teams, high volume, and complex operations. Sports, stadia, B&I, C&E, large hotel, outside catering and similar environments will all be suitable experience for this role. This business caters for events up to 3000 covers regularly as well as smaller events. On occasion, the business may require the Executive Head Chef to lead the team on site at events, particularly during seasonally busy periods.
- Salary circa £45k
- Bonus scheme based on financial targets
- 124 days off per year +20 days annual leave and bank holidays (1/3 days!)
- A 45 hour working week guaranteed, calculated on an annual basis as business can be highly seasonal
- Rarely work an evening
- Write your own rota, be trusted to get your work done on time
- Loyalty rewards including additional holiday allowance up to 23 days
- Excellent training provided up to and including vocational degree level
- Courses paid for, employees have gained fork lift truck license, chocolate tempering courses and many more unique qualifications
- A business where employees enjoy stability and longevity, many having been employed for over 20 years
- An attitude that there is no employee who could not be promoted immediately if they are ready for a challenge, resulting in opportunities for growth
- Accommodation provided at appropriate off-site assignments
- Food safety qualification
- Head Chef / Executive experience
- Driving license
- Be a leader of people
- Be on-time, on-budget and on top of your game
- Be flexible to travel and work to business requirements within reason
- Show a high level of diligence
- Show drive and passion
- Show culinary talent and flare and a knowledge of current trends
Most candidates whose experience is in restaurants or small and medium hotels will unfortunately not be suitable for this role as a result of the large scale of the operation, however other opportunities are available with similar perks! Please see other vacancies advertised locally which may be better suited to candidates in need of more corporate experience.
This role is available for a start from January 2020, candidates who apply over the Christmas period may hear back during that time, from 2nd January, Tonic will operate as usual and candidates can expect to hear within 2 working days of submitting an application.
If you have submitted an application and not heard from a consultant at Tonic within 2 working days and wish discuss your application please contact Cosmo at Tonic.
|Job Category||Back of House|