Salary: £28,000-£32,000 salary plus bonus (negotiable)
Tonic have been exclusively engaged to source a Marketing and PR Manager for our client’s soon-to-open restaurant business in Birmingham City Centre. The business will open early 2020, the Marketing and PR Manager will commence employment in January 2020. Our client is in the Times TOP 20 Best Companies To Work For, their culture is unrivaled, this is a great place to work.
Whats in it for you?
- £28-32k salary plus bonus (negotiable)
- Ongoing training & development
- £75 each month to spend in our client’s business on food and drink
- 50% discount after you’ve spent the above
- Team get-togethers every two weeks
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off
- Massive summer festival (with your family)
- Awesome Manager’s day out & all team Christmas party
- Perkbox – food, holiday, tech and gym discounts
- Referral bonus if you recommend someone to work with us
What’s our client’s ideal person?
You know all about Marketing and will –
- Establish our client as the top of mind eating and drinking destination in Birmingham
- Manage the delivery of the local marketing launch plan, focusing on locals and regular guests
- Be ‘the face’ of the business – building relationships with local residents and businesses
- Constantly review and revise the marketing plan every three-six months to make sure that it’s strong and relevant
- Take a lead on local marketing events, collaborations and partnerships, working closely with the Senior Strategic Marketing Manager, Events Manager and PR Manager
- Work closely with the Social Media manager to collect and share big-hearted, first-class social media content and respond to local comments, questions and complaints
- Be responsible for the quality of restaurant creative
You are passionate about PR and will –
- Build, and be responsible for delivery of, the local PR plan
- Maintain a broad awareness of local/regional media outlets
- Regularly host journalists and own our client’s relationships with regional press
- Manage press events e.g. menu previews, cultural festivals, etc
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local influencers e.g. industry and social media VIPs
- Manage regionally specific calendar of events likely to generate PR coverage e.g. local food festivals
- Manage relationships with relevant third parties, e.g PR, event, creative agencies, Landlord and their PR agency
- Manage commercial partnerships with local on and offline publications e.g. Visit Birmingham, Birmingham Chamber of Commerce, etc
Another key area of your role will be Internal Communication you will –
- Work with the People director, Senior Strategic Marketing Manager and Marketing Coordinator to ensure the Birmingham team feels totally part of the ‘extended family’
- Ensure that our client’s values ‘live and breathe’ throughout the site
- Champion involvement in team events
- Host team get-togethers every two weeks
- Maintain team notice boards with relevant and up to date information at all times
- Manage congratulations /birthdays/special occasions/events/personal achievements etc.
If you like the sound of this company and opportunity apply today with a tailored covering letter.