Location: Sutton Coldfield
Tonic are looking for an experienced events manager for our client’s well-established events business, based in Sutton Coldfield. The business is growing hence this vacancy has occurred. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join an enthusiastic and passionate team who are really going places!
What’s in it for you?
- Meals on duty
What are we looking for?
- A can-do attitude – events will vary in size and location often in weird and wonderful places!
- An open mind – you have a “How can we achieve this” mindset when requests are brought to the forefront. Our clients don’t often say no!
- Adaptability – Must be ready to think on the spot. Anticipate changes that could happen at any event in any location
- Problem Solving – Events will serve up weird and bizarre problems. Must be ready to think and decisively execute on the spot
- Large Numbers – Experience in managing wedding and private events up to 300+
- Self Motivated – A small core team will require leadership in the build-up
- Team Management – An ability to build and lead a casual team
- Recruitment – Past experience in building a casual team to be called upon when needed
- Training – Hands-on approach leading from the front at events
- Computer literate – Be able to communicate efficiently across email & telephone
- Organisation – Will be required to organise an event from start to finish; first meeting to execution and feedback
- Travel – Be prepared to travel to events, UK wide, sometimes the night before
- Flexibility – Events will be based around the UK. Hours will vary with long days and travel as part of the job role
- Drivers License – A Must
- Food – You must have a passion for food
- Presentation – This is not an office-based job. You will be required to meet and greet clients and be the face of events
- Kitchen – MUST be able to demonstrate, deliver and drive a key working relationship with Head Chef
- Accountability – Deliver performance reports to the owner and update on the business as and when required
- Hours – Will vary every include nights and weekends
- Take Ownership – You will be expected to be at the front of the business alongside the owner and head chef