Tonic are currently searching for a Head Chef who will lead their client’s brigade in all areas of kitchen management for a new opening in rural Worcestershire. The Head Chef will be the key creative mind behind this site’s menus. The successful candidate will be managing the kitchen team and the day-to-day back of house operations on-site, alongside their senior Sous Chef and General Manager.
Package and benefits for the Head Chef:
- Starting Salary circa £32-36k, negotiable based on experience
- Bonus structure and tips
- Full creative control and responsibility for all culinary decisions and kitchen management
- Realistic, achievable working hours
Here the successful head chef will be expected to use meat and game from the restaurant’s bountiful estate, as well as fruit from its orchards and vegetables from its kitchen garden. Butchery skills are preferred although not essential if you are willing to learn.
- Experience in great quality kitchens, influenced by global cuisine (ideally min. 1 star Michelin/ 3 rosette)
- A natural passion for everything to do with food
- In-depth knowledge of current and emerging food trends
- Demonstrable culinary success (ideally up to 3 Rosette level)
- An ability to manage, develop and motivate a team, inspiring commitment, hard work, and loyalty
- Experience in managing the financial aspects of the kitchen including staffing costs and stock control
- A long-term commitment to the business
- Excellent references and longevity in previous roles
To find out more and to be considered, please apply immediately and expect to hear from a consultant at Tonic within 2 working days if your application has been successful. Due to the current volume of applications, unfortunately, we won’t be able to respond to each and every application. We do apologise for this but if you feel that we may have missed your credentials please feel free to give us a call to discuss.
|Job Category||Back of House|