Have you been looking for a role with a list of perks longer than any you’ve ever seen? If so, read on!
Tonic are currently searching for a Head Pastry Chef for a global events catering business, based at their site in York. This position offers highly desirable work-life balance and the Head Pastry Chef will rarely work an evening shift and even work limited numbers of weekends.
If you’re someone with Pastry experience at both large volume and a high standard, this exciting role will suit you. Although, if you’re itching to get into this type of role, do apply and we will be happy to help in any way we can.
The role of the Head Pastry Chef will include sports, stadia, B&I, C&E, Exhibition and private events catering including events for up to 2000 guests.
Details of the Head Pastry Chef position:
- Starting salary is offered based on ability demonstrated, offers will be between £32k and £35k
- Most work will be Monday – Friday, with some weekends required during peak season
- Most work will be during daytime hours and the Head Pastry Chef will manage their time and workload
- Receive your rota 1 month in advance, guaranteed
- Have autonomy over pastry development and bring your ideas to the menu
- 124 days off per year + 20 days annual leave and bank holidays (1/3 days!)
- A 45-hour working week guaranteed, calculated on an annual basis as business can be highly seasonal
- Write some of your own rota, be trusted to get your work done on time
- Loyalty rewards including additional holiday allowance up to 23 days
- Excellent training provided up to and including vocational degree level
- Courses paid for, employees have gained forklift truck license, chocolate tempering courses and many more unique qualifications
- A business where employees enjoy stability and longevity, many having been employed for over 20 years
- An attitude that there is no employee who could not be promoted immediately if they are ready for a challenge, resulting in opportunities for growth, several business Directors started in very junior positions
- Fuel reimbursement if travelling for work
This role is available for an immediate start, candidates can expect to hear within 2 working days of submitting an application.
If you have submitted an application and not heard from a consultant at Tonic within 2 working days and wish to discuss your application please contact Cosmo at Tonic.
I’m excited to speak to you more about this position.
|Job Category||Back of House|